Their Excellencies, the Ambassadors of Switzerland, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and the Republic of Tunisia presented their Letters of Credence to the President at Áras an Uachtaráin.
- H.E. Mr. Louis-José Touron, Ambassador of Switzerland was accompanied by his spouse, Mrs. Elisabeth Alcyone Touron and Colonel Martin Lerch, Defence Attaché.
- H.E. Mr. Choe Il, Ambassador of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea was accompanied by Mr. Ryu Kyong Jun, Third Secretary in charge of bilateral affairs.
- H.E. Mr. Nabil Ben Khedher, Ambassador of the Republic of Tunisia was accompanied by his spouse, Mrs. Maha Ben Larbi.
Minister Damien English T.D, Minister of State at the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government with special responsibility for Housing and Urban Development represented the Government at the ceremony.
The following were also present:
- Mr. Conor Ó Raghallaigh, Deputy Secretary General to the President
- Col. Liam Condon, Aide-de-Camp to the President
- Mr. Brendan Rogers, Deputy Secretary General, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Mr. Feilim McLaughlin, Mr. Joe Brennan and Ms. Marylee Wall, Protocol, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The Ambassadors were accompanied to and from Áras an Uachtaráin by an Escort of Honour consisting of a motorcycle detachment drawn from the 2 Cavalry Squadron, Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin, under the command of Lieutenant Grattan O’Hagan.
A Guard of Honour was provided at Áras an Uachtaráin by the 2 Brigade Artillery Regiment, Custume Barracks, Athlone under the command of Lieutenant Brian Clarke.
Captain Fergal Carroll conducted the Army No. 1 Band, Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin.